About HCWCID 89This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far HCWCID 89 has created 9 blog entries.
The Morningside Place Drainage Improvements Project (HCFCD Project ID: A135-01-00-E001 – Bond Project ID: F-01) aims to reduce the risk of flooding and alleviate street flooding in the Morningside Place subdivision. This project will improve the subdivision drainage system by constructing new outfalls, making improvements to the storm sewers, relocating the flap gate located within Tributary A135-01-00 and lowing the water surface elevation of the subdivision stormwater detention basins.
This project is being designed and constructed in partnership with the Harris County Water Control and Improvement District Number 89.
Construction will be completed in two phases. Construction on phase 1, shown in pink below, will begin in August 2023 and is anticipated to be complete in spring 2024. Phase 2, shown in orange, will begin after Phase 1 is complete and the necessary right-of-way acquisition and easements are complete.
For details regarding the Traffic Control Plan please click here.
The WCID 89 District Building will be closed until further notice for Building Repairs. Please contact the Building Management if you have an event scheduled during the next couple of months if you haven’t already been contacted.
Harris County WCID 89 sadly acknowledges the passing of Annie Jenkins on July 1, 2023. She served as a Director from 2016-2020, and held the office of Secretary. Annie also spearheaded the rate order committee.
📣 Join us at WCID 89 for an enriching experience at the Annual Health & Wellness Fair, taking place on Saturday, July 15, 2023! 🌿✨
We cordially invite you to be a part of this engaging event sponsored by WCID 89. Mark your calendars for a rejuvenating day filled with activities and insights from 10 am to 1 pm. 📅⏰
Discover a wealth of opportunities to enhance your well-being and take proactive steps towards a healthier lifestyle. Our fair offers a diverse range of activities, exhibits, and presentations that are sure to captivate your interest. 🌟🏥
Join us and seize the chance to explore interactive displays, take part in informative workshops, and discover the latest wellness trends. Immerse yourself in an atmosphere of positivity, encouragement, and community support. 🌈🤝
Don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to invest in your well-being. Mark July 15, 2023, on your calendar and make sure to be at WCID 89 for the Annual Health & Wellness Fair. We can’t wait to see you there! 🎉🌻
If you are interested in being a part of this event as a vendor, please complete the WCID 89 Health & Wellness Community Fair Vendor Registration Form
- Open the outside faucet in the front, preferably on the same side as the water meter, first and let it run for approximately 3-4 or 5 minutes. Possibly a few minutes longer if the water is discolored when opened. Then turn it off once water is clear.
- If the water at the front faucet does not run clear, turn it off and call the SI Enviro emergency repair department. (832-490-1601)
- Go to the outside faucet to the rear of the property and open it for approximately 5 minutes or until the water is clear. Then turn it off.
- Go inside and open the cold-water bathtub faucet (largest without a filter) farthest from the front of the house (1st outside faucet) and leave it running for approximately 2-3 minutes or until water clears. Then turn it off.
- Next open all other cold-water faucets and let them run for approximately a minute or two or until water is clear. Turn them off.
- The customer may want to recheck the outside front and rear faucets to make sure the water is still running clear.
- If the outside faucet water is clear but the internal is not, the customer may want to wait about 30-45 minutes and repeat the process. Sometimes it may take more than once for all the faucets to run clear.
- Once the cold-water faucets are running clear, it is suggested the customer open the hot water faucets since clear water will backfill the hot water heater.