Skip to content
Page load link
How to Flush Internal Water Lines
- Open the outside faucet in the front, preferably on the same side as the water meter, first and let it run for approximately 3-4 or 5 minutes. Possibly a few minutes longer if the water is discolored when opened. Then turn it off once water is clear.
- If the water at the front faucet does not run clear, turn it off and call the SI Enviro emergency repair department. (832-490-1601)
- Go to the outside faucet to the rear of the property and open it for approximately 5 minutes or until the water is clear. Then turn it off.
- Go inside and open the cold-water bathtub faucet (largest without a filter) farthest from the front of the house (1st outside faucet) and leave it running for approximately 2-3 minutes or until water clears. Then turn it off.
- Next open all other cold-water faucets and let them run for approximately a minute or two or until water is clear. Turn them off.
- The customer may want to recheck the outside front and rear faucets to make sure the water is still running clear.
- If the outside faucet water is clear but the internal is not, the customer may want to wait about 30-45 minutes and repeat the process. Sometimes it may take more than once for all the faucets to run clear.
- Once the cold-water faucets are running clear, it is suggested the customer open the hot water faucets since clear water will backfill the hot water heater.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!